Saturday, May 27, 2006

Being Productive... who knew?




I took Friday off of work so I could have a 4-day weekend, rather than 3. I've had a very productive two days so far. So productive, I have sore muscles. How out of shape am I... if I sand, paint, and clear-coat my dresser and its drawers, and my leg muscles are so sore I'm walking funny? I imagine this is how I'd feel if I did 50 walking lunges, or squats... and that will NEVER happen.

I did take a break today though and go to "the lake" for my Step-Cousin's high school graduation party. Wow, was it HOT out today... 90-something, and no shade to be found out there. Wading in the water was great... the cold water was perfect. And cruising around in the Pontoon boat was nice as well... getting some sun, socializing, and a nice breeze too. (I even cast out a fishing line several times, but had no luck in catching anything. Catch and release of course.)

Then, off to *gasp* Starbucks to get an iced, decaf drink with my Sis and Bro-in-Law. Just what I needed at the time... ahhhhhhhh. And when I drove home in Barney (my hot ass car with no A/C), I was determined to get my newly painted dresser back into my condo, BY MYSELF, since I'm impatient and didn't want to wait for help. Well, I succeeded, but it wasn't easy... at all.

I love how it turned out... it was worth all the work. Now, do I do the same thing to the shelves in my living room tomorrow, or, do I just relax??? Decisions, decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home