Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Newbies!

Here are my two newest little ratties that have been unexpectedly added to my home. They are two month old little girls, one is hairless, the other is a capped dumbo.

I rescued them both from a local pet store. The hairless had a bad case of the sneezes and was not being treated. She had been in quarantine (normal procedure when bringing new rats into the home with existing rats), on medication. I had planned to introduce her to my neutered male, Holden, who recently lost his cagemate (Izzy), and that did not go well. He bit her on her neck during their first meeting in neutral territory. Needless to say, they won't be rooming together. I then had to get her a cagemate, so I went and rescued another very small girl who was in a plastic bin being held in the back of the same pet store, waiting to be put out onto the sales floor. (I'm against purchasing rats from pet stores as a regular practice, but sometimes it must be done, as they needs homes too!)

So, here are my new little ones. I'm still working on names for them... it's either Daisy and Tulip, or Lucy and Ethel. I'll have to watch them interact with me and each other a bit more, to get more of a feel for their personalities, before I decide for certain. They will need names very soon though. I think Lucy and Ethel may win out... I'll just have to figure out who's who. tee hee

These girls are the teeniest, tiniest little ratties. They fit into the palm of my hand! It will be fun to watch them grow up.

*Please ignore the dirty linens in the top picture. The meds she was on were giving the poor thing diarrhea. :( I'm working on getting the condition cleaned up (and the cage has been).

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM MST, Blogger cgoehring78 said...

Yay for Amy and her new furbabies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home