Sunday, July 23, 2006

Birthday Bust


Yesterday was my 39th birthday, and... well, it sucked.

I woke up with what seems to have been some sort of stomach bug, so I spent the entire day / night at home... alone... on the couch in the fetal position. My plans to have lunch with my family at this really nice local restaurant, the Sunflower, had to be cancelled... as did my other plans. *sigh*

We are going to all try to get together some night this coming week and do dinner, a late celebration of sorts... but this just won't be the same. Yes, I'm pouting.

It was hard enough turning 39... but to not even be able to disguise my difficulty in inching ever-so-close to 40 by hanging with family and celebrating, and instead having to spend the whole day alone, lonely, and sick. "Happy" Birthday my ass.

Don't get me wrong... I am grateful to be as old as I am, to have had another birthday. In the year 2000, I had a few serious reasons to think I wouldn't "make it this far," so for yesterday, good or bad, I am thankful!

I did get a wonderful cake (which I wish I wasn't going to be eating alone!), that my Sister L and Goddaughter E made for me. L just dropped it off moments ago, and I just had to share with a picture. (Keeping in mind that E just turned 5 earlier this month... hee hee) What makes this cake even better is... it wasn't made with a cake tin in this shape... they did it by hand! Thanks, L and E...


And, last but not least... thanks to my best friend, S, for the birthday gifts you brought by. Thoughtful...

2 Comments:

At 7:53 PM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!
Sorry that I was too caught up in my own shite to mark the day.

Remember, every year is a gift.

 
At 5:46 AM MDT, Blogger sandrajeanpoet said...

Happy belated, hope you feel better and take the time to celebrate in style.

P.S. I'm 44 and my stuff works better than ever, so don't go knocking the big 4-0. It's just getting good by then!---You'll see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home