Monday, December 11, 2006

Babysitting... (Yes, I did)


I spent about 3 1/2 hrs. with my 5 yr. old Niece, "E," at my place this past Saturday... I was babysitting while the rest of her family went to my Bro-in-Law's Holiday party for work.

I picked her up at her house and brought her to Boulder. We had a great time together... walking over to Joe's to get a decaf latte (she LOVED watching Nick make it, especially the heart on top), spending time and learning about my animals (ratties and birds), ordering pizza for brunch, watching TV in my room (for fun... since my TV is hanging from my wall), and playing in the snow at the park across the street.

Emma wanted to watch the Disney Channel, which I didn't even know I had. We ended up watching a couple of shows... something about "Manny," some Hispanic Handyman, and... "MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE."

As I'm watching these shows with her (between tickling her and reading my latest Cosmopolitan) I ask her... "E, why doesn't Donald Duck wear pants?" Note: Goofy, a dog, wears drawers... and so does Mickey, a mouse. She takes about two seconds and says "Because... ducks don't wear pants!" "Ahhhhh, that's right," I said.

Moments to remember... *smile*

2 Comments:

At 9:48 PM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone you used to know just celebrated 60 days of sobriety,and is once again loving life and not wasting it.

Thanks for your part.
Peacefully yours
-A friend

 
At 6:33 AM MST, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

If this is who I think it is (could really only be ONE person)... I couldn't be happier to hear your wonderful news.

My heartfelt congratulations...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home