Sunday, January 14, 2007

What is Wrong with People??? What is Wrong with Me???

I'm exchanging a few E-mails with an out-of-state family member yesterday, and it's basically idle chit-chat. The E-mails initiated by talk about our cold weather here in Colorado... to stay warm, etc. I let her know all was well, that I was planning on staying inside with the exception of a few errands and a "first date type-thing." Of course she wrote back asking about the date... where / how we met, etc., and I told her "on-line," and how the first meeting always brings out a lot of nervousness.

The next thing I know, the response I'm getting is one of surprise and hurt.

"If you are honest to begin with, why should they expect a raving beauty? You are not beautiful, but you sure as hell have a dynamite personality and many more good traits that a good man would appreciate. Just keep at it. Until you are tired of
all the work that goes into it. He doesn't
have to be handsome, but kind and personable would be nice."


I am not beautiful? Excuse me? Did she really flat out say, "You are not beautiful?"


I'm proud of myself for not letting what she said slide. I wrote back letting her know exactly how it made me feel and that it would have been better for her to keep such a comment to herself.


Am I not as cute as I think I am? Is it not even worth the effort that I put into looking my best everyday, doing my hair and makeup... spritzing on my favorite perfume... because I'm THAT unattractive and I just don't realize it?


Or is it that there are more people than I care to admit that are that hurtful and fail to consider other people's feelings?


FUCK OFF!... to you people who try (and sometimes succeed) in making me feel badly about myself (if even for a moment). Life is difficult enough without your unkindness.

4 Comments:

At 4:32 PM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amy it's Seanna and I think you are B-E-A-utiful inside and out! Don't let people hurt your feelings that way, that is what you call jealousy! The reason you haven't found mister right is because there are so many mister wrong's that you have to weed through just to get to that one perfect one and it is not an easy task, everything happens for a reason and I think that you will find someone that thinks you are the most beautiful person ever soon enough, just keep up that hard work, it will all be worth it in the end!

 
At 11:13 PM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think physical beauty is in the eye
of the beholder and way over rated as a means to pick a mate.


This why we have so many divorced couples and such a hard time trying to connect.

 
At 5:29 AM MST, Blogger sandrajeanpoet said...

She was a dumb ass for saying what she said. We all have friends and relatives who think their advise is the rock of human wisdom, but in truth, they are dumb asses.
You are beautiful. Know it and walk on my proud sista girl. This subject has me roused. I'm going to blog on it- visit my brian purge at http://sandrajeanpoet.blogspot.com when you have a min.

P.S. I met my love jones on line. It is an efficient way to meet interesting, and sometimes not interesting, people.
Stay safe, have fun.

 
At 8:02 AM MST, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

Seanna: Thank you very much!

Duane: I agree, yet there needs to be "chemistry," wherever that comes from... and it may partly be a physical attraction thing (at least for me), but not necessarily for others. Very confusing...

Sandra Jean: I agree... "dumb ass" about sums it up. I got an apology about never meaning to hurt me, "deliberately." Yeah, whatever.

I'm always checking in on your blog, so I'll watch for your "brain purge" on this subject.

Last, but not least... thank you for your positive words / thoughts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home