Sunday, December 31, 2006

On-line Dating?

A man (and I use this term lightly) contacted me via anonymous E-mail last night / this morning, and this is how it went:

On 12/30/2006 11:34 pm MST, Chris wrote:You caught my eye, how do you like to be contacted?

On 12/31/2006 06:10 am MST, you wrote:Thanks but I just don't think we're a good match. Take care. (This guy has 3 kids that live at home full-time, and a dog... which means he didn't bother to read my profile at all!)

I figured that my "thanks, but no thanks" would suffice, but he turned nasty. I actually let this punk of a mean-spirited person hurt my feelings enough that I cried. It's hard for me not to justify his comments with a response of my own... but, I won't stoop.

On 12/31/2006 07:07 am MST, Chris wrote:
Your right! You belong in a straight jacket anyway! Not to mention that when you fell out of the ugly tree, you hit every branch on the way down!
40 and never married? No wonder................
I bet children and dogs don't like you either!

I would never bother hating you and I see why nobody would love you!


** Though I think I hide my occassional feelings of self-dislike quite well, there's often something that creeps up that makes it harder to hide. This would be one of those "somethings." Friends and family wonder why I am less than thrilled with being single, having no relationship potential in sight, and never married at 39... they don't understand why it's such a drag for me. Unfortunately, this man's opinion isn't all that unusual... and it hurts. **

OUCH! :*(

6 Comments:

At 9:05 PM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't let it get to you Amy, you are a much better person than this guy could ever be. He lashed out at you because he couldn't handle your rejection. Think about it. What kind of person says cruel things to a person they have never spoken to? Not someone you want to know!

 
At 4:42 PM MST, Blogger Lidarman said...

It was sour grapes at it's finest. It made me laugh actually how messed up he is in making those remarks. Think of at in the sense that he showed his true colors early on instead of you wasting time with it. Maybe you should test all your prospects with this method--even the ones you wanna engage with.

 
At 12:17 AM MST, Blogger trevolmes said...

you're awesome. don't fret other people's baggage bulls*it. esp anonymous ad responding assholes.
i do enjoy seeing your face in the early mornings, and knowing how you appreciate them lattes. you keep coming, and i'll keep em coming. smile, bright eyes.

 
At 5:41 AM MST, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

Anonymous person: I agree... I'm just sensitive I guess.

Richard: You're right. And, I'll keep this in mind for when I have a "prospect." Sooner is definitely better than later.

Trevor: I enjoy seeing you as well. Thank you, you made my day!!

 
At 8:47 AM MST, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:03 AM MST, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

(Oops, if I'd have proofread, I wouldn't have had to delete my own response and start over.)

Ron: Yes, he is obviously fucked up and I pity anyone who is close to him as well.

Now that time has passed, his comments no longer bother me. He has personal issues and takes it out on others. I no longer take it personally. :)

(When that blog was written, I was in a bad place anyway...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home