Friday, December 15, 2006

Here's Izzy!



There pictures aren't very good... I tried to take them when she was resting this morning (no flash to disturb her). If she's not resting, her head is thrashing about (mostly upward / backward), and she's moving quickly and irradically in circles. Poor thing, it must be so frustrating. (She's much more peaceful looking when she's resting or sleeping.)

She likes spaghetti though! And, oatmeal too. :)

I spent an hr. with her in my towel-covered bathtub last night, trying to get her to trust me, and to enjoy being held. It seemed to work after a while. She likes to be held in both hands, her whole body supported in my palms, and I have to hold her neck in a special way so when she starts moving around it doesn't snap back and hurt her. I think I found the perfect hold... and she bruxed (the same type of thing as purring for cats) for a long, long time. She relaxed, and I was happy.

Anyway, here's my new little girlie... to have and to love.

4 Comments:

At 9:36 AM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, Izzy is so cute... she looks chubby! or are all rats cute like that? I love chubby things and I want to hold her in the palm of my hands too! So so so sweet!

Love, Alex

 
At 6:08 PM MST, Blogger Lidarman said...

Wow Amy. Does she have a sort of turrets for rats? Maybe it's just stress and she will be fine....you gave her a good comfortable home.

 
At 8:56 PM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's beautiful. Good choice on rescuing, you!

 
At 6:33 AM MST, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

Alex: To me, all rats are cute... yes. :)

Richard: I was wondering the same exact thing... if it was a Tourettes (sp?) sort of thing. I've started researching...

Laurel: Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home