Friday, March 07, 2008

Resting / Recouping


Yesterday, a good friend of mine, my buddy Duane, had to have one of his kidney's removed. Duane has, as he calls it, "two cancers for the price of one." He had a tumor in his right kidney (now gone), along with a recurrance of Lymphoma... for the 4th time. Now that his cancerous kidney has been removed, he can recouperate back to normal and then begin his treatment / fight against his next bout with Lymphoma.

Thanks to Duane's brother... his friends and I were kept aprised (via Duane's "cancer blog"), on how he was doing throughout the day / night.

I am SO relieved that everything went alright and Duane is resting in the hospital, complete with a "pain pump." Ahhhhh, morphine! I bet this is the most sleep / rest that Duane has had / will have in a long time.

Duane, as you know, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. I'm looking foward to talking to you when you feel up to it. Take care of yourself!

"I love you man."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home