Sunday, October 02, 2005

Overweight rat?

So, I just got back from the Vet w/ one of my rats... George to be exact. He's been ill for a few days, so it was time to see the Dr. Yes, I DO take my rats to the Dr. if they are ill. Anyway... he has an Upper Respiratory Infection, but his lungs are clear... thank goodness! (Pneumonia is common in rats... NOT a good thing.) Along with this diagnosis, I find out that 'ole George is also, *gasp*, overweight! Apparently I've been too generous with yogie treats and the seed portion of his diet. If George is overweight, then my other rat boys, at least 2 of the other 3 (I have 8 ratties total), are DEFINITELY overweight as well! Oh no!

Starting today, my ratties (and I may include myself in this) are going on a "diet," and will start a more regimented exercise plan. If it takes my rats to motivate me, then so be it! I'm thinking that they will have more success than I will... I lack the willpower, but will give it a go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home