Monday, January 30, 2006

Thank yous!

I made it through my heart CT Scan, (aka angiogram), and now I'm waiting for the results. This part sucks just as much, maybe more, than actually having the test. The stress of this, (that I'm managing to control as much as possible), combined with the fact I've managed to catch a NASTY cold... vaporizor, Advil, SudaCare Vapor Plug-ins, Vitamin C, and lots of fluids, made for a drag of a weekend. However, there was the all important and delicious homemade turkey chili that a friend made me... a tiny bit on the spicy side... to help with my nasal congestion. For this I must THANK YOU, "S!"

I also wanted to post this blog to say a big THANK YOU to my friend / coworker Rob S. Rob knew of my aprehension about going for my CT Scan alone, and offered to take me! I was shocked to say the least, and almost couldn't accept his offer... but I did. I knew that having him with me would help... he'd make me laugh on the drive, and knowing he was "there" would help too. He didn't come in with me, but I did do a quick pose in my hospital gown. ha! In retrospect, I should have asked him to come in while I had the procedure... he probably would have found it to be interesting... given he's an EMT / Firefighter. But... I braved that part alone while Rob sat in the waiting room. Afterwards, we drove through one of our favorite places... TACO BELL! Yum... Even in my dizziness, I appreciated this and couldn't wait to get home and into bed so I could rest, sleep, but first and foremost, eat something! Fasting isn't easy!

Thank you again, Rob... you made something that stresses me out MUCH less stressful! You showed me, "that's what friends are for!" And, as I'm sure you know, I'd do the same for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home