Saturday, July 29, 2006

RIP Li'l Man (Approx. July 2004 - July 29, 2006)




Like Gwen a mere 19 days ago, I (with the help of my Vet), had to help my gentle giant Li'l Man to the Rainbow Bridge this morning. Also like Gwen, he suffered from a serious case of Pneumonia which he was seemingly recovering from for the past three weeks, but for some reason "crashed" yesterday into a state where no recovery would be possible. He couldn't hold himself up, eat, or drink, he could hardly even breathe... his lungs were filled with fluid, making his breathing nearly impossible and very noisey. I had no choice but to help him go to where he would no longer be suffering.

I have attached two pictures... one that was taken while he was recovering (so I thought), on July 17th, and the other was during his last moments at home with me this morning... before heading to the Vet to say my final goodbye.

I will miss my big boy dearly.

"Dragon tales and the water is wide
Pirates sail and lost boys fly
Fish bite moonbeams every night
And I love you

Godspeed Little Man
Sweet dreams Little Man
Oh, my love will fly to you each night on angel's wings
Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)"... from the Dixie Chicks-Godspeed

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for you, Amy. You have had your share of grief. Please be happy and enjoy your other animals. It sure does hurt, I am well aware.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home