Sunday, January 21, 2007

Friday Night's First Date

We met on-line during my "trial period," and have since cancelled my membership... due to not seeing / finding anyone that I may have been interested in... with the exception of "R."

He lives in Golden, and with the help / suggestion of my friend and co-worker Renee (Richard's wife), I decided that meeting at the Boulder Tea House was a good idea... easy for him to get to, (and of course, easy for me as well), and... he likes tea. I'm not a "fan" of tea, but knew they had decaf Chai... so, I was good to go.

In a nutshell, it was an enjoyable date... but was like being out for a bite to eat with a friend. I felt no sparks at all, none of that magical "chemistry" feeling that makes me want to, well, at least kiss the person I'm on the date with. I was hoping that our mutual interests / views could produce the kind of connection that I'm looking for (in person)... but, it didn't. It wasn't enough.

I left the date knowing that "R" is a great guy, and someone I would like to be friends with, but I saw / felt nothing else.

We said goodbye at our cars, he asked what I was doing on Sat. and if he could call me, I said sure. What's wrong with a phone call, right?

Needless to say, we haven't spoken. He never did call... and honestly, I'm a bit relieved. Perhaps he sensed my disinterest in him? Perhaps he was just doing "the guy thing," and asking if he could call again, with no interest in doing so? Either way, it's for the best... no reason for either of us to have that uncomfortable, "I just want to be friends," talk.

To sum it up: No second date. I remain the "One-Date-Wonder Queen."

P.S. Why do so many men embellish on their height? He had been telling me all along that he was 5'9" tall... when he is really only a couple inches taller than me, 5'6". I have no problem or issue with the height of 5'6", I just expect honesty regarding such issues. :/ Pictures DON'T tell the whole story... especially if it's a close-up head shot only. (I'm not looking for perfection, I'm merely expecting an honest depiction to go by.) Word to the wise...

7 Comments:

At 6:39 PM MST, Blogger Lidarman said...

I guess this was a post directed to a certain individual and not a huge audience????

 
At 5:46 AM MST, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

(I promised to write about my date last Fri.) I'm not sure what to write, and I've been ill. :(

 
At 7:11 AM MST, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

Richard: I finally wrote something...

 
At 4:50 PM MST, Blogger Lidarman said...

Read it. Thanks.

But a couple inches more than 5'6" is no too far off from 5'9" You didn't bring a tape measure to the tea house I hope! :P...Maybe his unknown body type made him look shorter,...or you were wearing some nice heels??

Too bad you spent all that time on the phone and didn't see the real person. Just proves there is chemistry involved that can only be experienced face to face.

 
At 5:38 PM MST, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

Richard: haha Me? Heels? That would be amusing! ;)

Interestingly enough, his "body type" was also unknown / undisclosed.

But, yes... it was too bad... all things considered. And chemistry "can only be experienced face to face," as you said. So, the waiting continues...

 
At 5:45 PM MST, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

The waiting for the next man in my life, MY so-called "Mr. Right," that is. My... "Mr Right"... again.

 
At 8:58 PM MST, Blogger Lidarman said...

Just find a lot of right nows and maybe it will shake out! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home