Sunday, June 10, 2007

Just Hatched!!

As of yesterday, mid-afternoon, all of the eggs that the House Finch layed in my hanging flower basket's nest had been hatched! There were four or five, I could never quite tell for certain without disrupting their home. Now there are four or five brand new... delicate (the most delicate little things I've ever seen!), helpless, baby birds piled up and staying warm... either in the sunshine, or underneath their Mom / Dad.

Can you see the one stretching his / her neck up out of the bunch? And another one's beak below?

I will be taking LOTS of pictures as they fledge and then fly off on their own.

AMAZING!

P.S. Speaking of birds... you rock, Richard!
Saving the bird that was trapped in your fence. :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool, Amy. I had some birds nest in our hanging basket plants last year (we never got it together to buy some for this season). It was pretty funny because Brenda went to Santa Fe for the first half of the summer and I was the one who had to water the plants. We had this extension bar on the garden hose so I never had to get up high to eater them. Every time I stuck the hose extension in the basket, a bird would take off. I thought it odd until I finally took the basket down and saw the perfect nest (like the one in your recent picture) and realized what was going on. From then on I made sure to water from only one side of the plant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home