Sunday, July 29, 2007

Me? Outdoorsy?



What a fun Sunday afternoon I had today!


I was invited to brunch with my friend / neighbor "T," and his friend from San Diego, Trent. We went to a local "greasy spoon" and had your basic eggs, toast, etc. They were a bit hungover, which of course was entertaining to me, as I was feeling just dandy.

From there we went to a local reptile / fish store. This was a first for me... as I wouldn't think to visit such a store. I was right, there were many snakes there, mostly large snakes... and it's funamentally a problem for me to be near them, as they eat those animals that are near-and-dear to my heart. :/ The fish, however, were amazing, as were all the turtles, frogs, coral-type plants, crabs, snails, tadpoles, and more exotic creatures that live in water. There were also lizards, and I've decided I really like Bearded Dragons. I'd consider getting one, but they seem a bit fragile where their habitats are concerned.

After we got back home, "T" needed to take Draco for a walk, and decided it would be fun to take Trent down to Boulder Creek for the walk. I was invited along was deciding whether or not to go when Trent said, "What else to you have to do?!" Good point... so, I went. Another first for me... going to Boulder Creek. (The drive over was amusing on it's own... Trent driving "T's" truck, when he's not used to a standard transmission... me in the passenger's seat, and "T" in the jump seat giving directions. hahahaha "Park there, no no no... you can't park there... back up, go around that circle and park back there.") It was like being on our own little mini-road trip vacation, complete with lots of giggling.

OK, so I've lived in Boulder since 1978, yet I've never been up to the very West end of Pearl Street to a parking lot near a place called "Settlers Park." And I've never been on the bike path that crosses over Canyon Boulevard and Boulder Creek, over to what's called Eben G. Fine Park. It was a bit of a walk from where we parked (not at Settlers, it was full), but it was beautiful... the park was filled with all sorts of people doing everything from reading on blankets, to frisbee, to picinics. We then hiked west along the banks of the creek... for quite a bit it seemed... until we got to the upper part of the rocks / rapids where the water became more still, and you could wade there as people slowly floated by on their inner-tubes... to the next bunch of rocks / rapids.

We hung out there and waded around in VERY chilly water. Even Draco hung out in the water along with us, and he made friends with a little tiny MinPin that was adorable.

I have to admit, I had a blast hanging out up there. It was a lot of fun hanging out with "T" and Trent, the three of us people watching and talking, and getting Draco some exercise as well (along with myself). Maybe I will be fortunate enough to do this again sometime... maybe even alone with a book.

P.S. I even ate some sort of tiny apple (crabapple Trent said) off of a tree that was growing beside the bike path. I was afraid to eat it, as it was growing in the wild and all, but I did it anyway. One word... SOUR!

2 Comments:

At 6:31 PM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when is the review of the Fray show coming?

 
At 7:05 AM MDT, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

I did not go to The Fray show, I sold my tickets.

Whomever you are, I don't leave "anonymous" comments on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home