Monday, June 25, 2007

"Flown the Coop"

As of today, all four of the healthy / grown fledgling birdies have flown the coop and moved on. They were 15 days old today, and I'm sad and happy. It was great fun having them here, outside of my front window, for all that time... even when they were still eggs.

I took the fifth little bird, who I've named "Fighter," to the Greenwood Wildlife Rehabilitation Sanctuary yesterday. "He" still wasn't moving along as quickly as the rest, and was still being kicked from the nest. When I checked on "his" condition last night, he was doing fine... in an incubator and eating plenty. He should be out of quarantine in a few days, (and if all continues to go well, and he continues to eat and grow), they will then "give him some buddies" to live with during his stay. The goal will then be to release him when it's time.

I'm happy beyond words to know that I saved this little birds life... literally... and more than once. A wonderful payoff. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home