Friday, June 22, 2007

Comfort Zone... In or Out?

Wednesday night I went to a Jazz Showcase here in Boulder. It was the 25th anniversary of a jazz trio that I cannot remember the name of. OK, so I'm not what one would call a "jazz fan," so I didn't know the trio's name in the first place.

My friend / neighbor invited me to come by and hang out... as he was working the event. This is really why I went, because he invited me.

All day I was reconsidering... this was something that was way out of my comfort zone. I find it difficult to go out to "events" alone. I feel like people feel sorry for me, are looking at me, that I look pathetic, etc., but I went anyway. After all, how am I going to meet anyone if I don't go OUT?

I arrived early, got a great seat / table, and people watched... took in the whole scene. For dinner I had Butternut Squash Ravioli with Grilled Asparagus, Sage Butter & Freshly Grated Pecorino Romano. YUM!!! It was soooooo good. So good in fact, I had forgotten I was alone while I was eating.

Coincidentally, I ran into my 2nd cousin and her Dad! He was visiting from CA, so I haven't seen him in a few years. I also saw someone that worked where I do, and now does some consulting-type work with us from time to time.

Anyway, I'm glad I went... I stayed for about 3 hours... and I can honestly say, I'm still not a "jazz fan." I NEED LYRICS! However, I'd most likely do it again.

Thank you, "T," for the invitation. =D I enjoyed getting a glimpse into what you do, and watching you work as I relaxed and listened to music. hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home