Thursday, March 20, 2008

R.I.P. Holden (Approx. May 2006 - March 19, 2008)

I lost my dearest rattie boy resterday as I held him on my shoulder / neck (comforting for him) at 7:46am. I cannot yet bring myself to post my last picture of him (taken this past weekend when he was very ill), nor write all that I feel in my heart about him. Maybe in another couple / few days...

In the meantime, for those who read this and think that my very painful loss is "silly," or "no big deal:"

JUST A RAT

It's just a vermin, just a rat
Just an animal, lazy and fat
Just get over it, just get another
It's not like it's your son or mother

Fools around me speak in shame
Never knowing my rats name
They roll their eyes, they dub me weak
They treat me like my loss is cheap

Just someone standing by my side
When life brings on its bumpy side
Just someone with whom to chat
My love, my friend, my family, my rat

Written by Chuck Beast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home