Friday, October 14, 2005

Tonight

I went out with some friends from work tonight, Happy Hour of sorts. Most of the folks that came along had worked on the Solar Decathlon house that CU displayed in Washington, D.C. last weekend, and they won again this year. Wooo hooo! Congrats to my CU Alumni friends!

We went to Bacarro, sat on the rooftop and hung out while some really loud Raggae band played. I really enjoy just sitting around, eating, having a drink, and chit-chatting with them. Wow, it sure gets chilly in a hurry these days! Brrrrrrrr

We saw "D," a chick that worked with us for a few months, and well, we parted ways. She didn't see me, which was a good thing. Didn't feel like getting into a "thing" while I was out having fun. Saw a neighbor of mine too... started thinking it was a smaller town than I realize.

While we were all standing outside on our way out I then ran into one of my acquaintances / friends, Joe. I think his innocent flirting by blowing me a kiss made my night. Yes, I'm a dork!

Now I'm home and feeling lonely, an all too familiar feeling on Friday nights. This song by John Mayer sums up how I feel.

Love Song for No One - John Mayer

staying home alone on a Friday
flat on the floor looking back
on old love
or lack thereof

after all the crushes have faded
and all my wishful thinking was wrong
I'm jaded
I hate it

I'm tired of being alone
so hurry up and get here
so tired of being alone
so hurry up and get here

searching all my days to find you
not sure what I'm looking for
I'll know where
when I see you

until then I'll hide in my bedroom
just staying up all night just to write
a love song
for no one

I'm tired of being alone
so hurry up and get here
so tired of being alone
so hurry up and get here

I could have met you in a sandbox
I could have passed you on the sidewalk
could I have missed my chance and watched you walk away

I could have met you in a sandbox
I could have passed you on the sidewalk
could I have missed my chance and watched you walk away

I'm tired of being alone
so hurry up and get here
so tired of being alone
so hurry up and get here

you'll be so good
you'll be so good for me
I know you'll be so good for me
for me

2 Comments:

At 9:31 PM MDT, Blogger tara dawn said...

Just happened to run across your blog and enjoyed reading some of your posts. Maybe it's my own recent headaches or maybe just some good writing...whatever it is, your blogs made me smile. Thanks for sharing. If you're ever interested in reading some of my stuff, you can find me at taradawn80.blogspot.com

 
At 11:01 AM MDT, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

Thank you for commenting, Tara. I have been checking out your blog. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home