Saturday, October 08, 2005

Shoe Shopping

Monday afternoon I'm attending the wedding of a coworker / friend, who also is the daughter of my boss (the owner / President). Needless to say, I want to look really nice... which means I need to not only have a great new outfit, but, great new shoes to match. I'm not your typical female... I HATE SHOPPING, if it's for myself that is... especially if it's for anything clothes related! ICK! I have the dress, the mani / pedi, the jewlery, the haircut, the brow wax... all I still needed was the perfect pair of "strappy sandals," which I set out first this this morning to find (after having no luck at all last night).

I decided that I wanted these sandals to be red, to match my mostly red dress... rather than plain beige sandals. I didn't realize that there were so many different shades of red shoes! Good Lord! Crimson, rose, rosebud, blush... the list goes on and on! (I am obsessed with my nails and nailpolish... so I should have known there would be as many colors of red shoes as there are colors of red nailpolish.) What shade of red is my dress in which to try and match these shoes? I HAVE NO FREAKIN' CLUE!

I managed to fine THE SHOES that I want... heels small enough that I can still walk in them, yet tall enough to be dressy and a little sophisticated. (Me, sophisticated? haha! Who am I fooling?!) Are they the right red? Once again I have to say... I have no freakin' clue. I go to try them on and realize that, even in a "nice" department store... the men working in the women's shoe department are CREEPY!! Why is this? Do they LIKE working in this department? Was it their choice, or where they just stuck there? Hmmm...

Important thing is... I got what I went shopping for, and resisted temptation to spend WAY TOO MUCH on a shiny new red purse! I may have to do some fun shopping later today... for some CDs. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home