Friday, March 31, 2006

SHOES!


As I sit here this morning, slowly getting ready to drive 20 minutes and spend my day in a classroom learning Word Level 3 (in my attempt to become a "Word Guru / Expert"), I found myself admiring the shoes I bought last week. I LOVE THESE SHOES!!! I think I'm one of the last few people in Boulder to own a pair, but, DAMN, they're freakin' expensive!

For the past 10 or so years, my trusty Doc Marten black boots have been my all-time favorite shoes... EVER! I've worn them more than any shoe... with jeans, slacks, shorts and short skirts (Hellooooooooo Olive Oyl), etc. I just polished them for the first time in the 10 yrs. since I've had them, and they look almost like new (except for the sole... a bit worn).
And now I have my new shoes... clogs to be exact. I paid more for these shoes than I'd ever imagined to spend on shoes (my boots were from Santa, thank goodness), but, I HAD to have these clogs. HAD TO. Know what I mean? I finally broke down and got some Dansko Professional oiled brown clogs... wooo hooo!

It did take several days to get use to walking in them (a couple of twisted ankles... lol), and for them to get really comfy, but now I wear them everyday. These clogs come in all colors, even patent leather red! hahaha What would I wear those with though??
Sorry, Docs. :( Now I just have two favorite shoes!





3 Comments:

At 1:05 PM MST, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

You're right, as far as "cool factor" goes.

 
At 3:20 PM MST, Blogger DavidStL said...

I don't know about clogs. I always feel like I'm missing some part of my shoe. :)

But I love Doc Martins!

 
At 2:45 PM MDT, Blogger Unknown said...

When i went for an interview i wear this shoe...My boss like my shoe and gave me a job....Thats a great experience... i love wolverine shoes......Nice Blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home