Saturday, March 04, 2006

CHILI!


I made chili!!!! (with ground turkey)

Anyone who knows me knows that, well, I DON'T COOK. But, I gave it a whirl today, thanks to a recipe from my friend "S," and my huge pot of chili (shown) is simmering on the stove. It smells SO good in here! Mmmmmm mmmmm good!

I'm so clueless when it comes to cooking, while shopping for the ingredients, I had to call my youngest Sister (thanks K) to see if there is a difference between "chopped" and "diced" tomatoes. I was looking for chopped, and saw about every other type of canned tomatoes, EXCEPT for chopped. She advised me and I got the diced. This was the first time I can recall ever actually buying an onion as well. I found this amusing while trying to pick just the right one, and laughed out loud in the produce section. haha Then... several hours later when I actually decide to give this cooking thing a try (yes, I consider making chili cooking!), I get the onion out and I realize I have NO FREAKIN' CLUE how to cut up an onion!! ARGH! Once again, I find myself calling K and asking the somewhat embarrassing question... "Um... how do I cut up an onion?" Now I know how to peel the skin and the first couple of layers, though I don't think the cutting happened quite right. It's not easy to follow such instructions over the phone. Regardless, the onion is in small pieces... browned and soft... and simmering nicely with all the other yummy ingredients.

About another 30 minutes of waiting and I should be able to eat. (I was told the longer it simmers, the better it will taste... hence me waiting a while.)

I'm crossing my fingers that it turns out well. That's a lot of chili that I'll be eating for a while. =D

5 Comments:

At 5:59 PM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm... I want some chili!

 
At 12:22 PM MST, Blogger DavidStL said...

I hope it turned out well!

I have a recipe for a award winning spicey Vegetarian Chili that I will have to share with you!

 
At 6:32 AM MST, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

Erik... come on by! :)

Mr. Man... it did turn out well, a little on the mild side though (even for the mild kinda gal I am). I don't think I put in enough chili powder. *sigh*

Yes, please share your veggie recipe. Thanks!

 
At 8:51 PM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus Amy, you needed help on cutting up an onion??? I guess we need to have you over for dinner, but have you come over for the preparation as well as the consumption!

 
At 5:54 AM MST, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

Now there's an idea! "Cooking 101" with Rob and Brenda... YAY!

I'm a pain in the butt though... don't eat fish or red meat... that semi-vegetarian sorta thing. :/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home