Sunday, April 13, 2008

New Lifestyle

Back in January I started a trial membership at 24 Hour Fitness. The goal? I need to lose the fat that has taken up residence around my midsection! I'm small boned, and most of me is considered to be "skinny," but my middle has become a bit, well, chubby. "Muffin top" anyone?


Needless to say, I went to the gym often during my trial membership and ended up joining. I was going about four times a week and now it is down to about two or three. (I took a three week "break" due to not feeling well and needing to take a "stress test," per Doctor's orders.)

I'm going to the gym again, which I don't enjoy, but, I've now been able to quantify some results! These results came due to my change in diet. (Thank you Dr. Oz... and You: On a Diet.) I haven't even embraced everything there is to know yet, I've merely cleaned out my cupboards and fridge / freezer of all the "bad things" and basically started over... eliminating only five ingredients from what I eat.

This sounds like it's not that difficult, but when shopping for pasta sauce with no sugar, it can be a challenge. Or, finding 100% whole wheat bread without one, or sometimes two of the key ingredients I shouldn't be eating, that's even more of a challenge. Yes, grocery shopping does take a bit longer now, and it is also more expensive. The payoff, however... I have seemingly lost nine pounds! Nine pounds in less than two months... hooray! In fact, more like one month or so.

There is a mystery however. Where is this weight coming from? I still have the same size belly / waist! And, well, my bras fit the same also. haha Thank goodness it's not coming from there!

Now, mixed with working out, I hope to be able to SEE more of a difference in my body's appearance, other than just the happy feeling of weighing myself. It should be easier now to continue going to the gym and eating better now that I know it makes a difference in my weight... overall body fat... even if I cannot see it just yet.

Along with all of this EATING BETTER means, making stuff at home. And, well, I don't cook. I've shown an example of how I was eating if I made something for dinner at home (see casserole picture above... loaded w/ cheese, hash browns, cream of mushroom soup, etc.), and how I am eating at home now (Capresi... tomatoes, basil, fresh mozarella, and balsamic vinegar). I had the capresi last night and it was delicious! Not to mention, it filled me up just fine.

Onward... and may the progress continue!

2 Comments:

At 9:10 PM MDT, Blogger Lidarman said...

Nice job Amy.

Diet is definitely important.

 
At 9:22 AM MDT, Blogger Whoayawn said...

Keep it up Amy...you can't spot reduce but you will eventually see improvement in the areas you want to target... consistency is King... or Queen as the case may be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home