Sunday, April 30, 2006

Optimism?

I've tried to stay optimistic about finding that special someone. Well, all of that optimism that I've been keeping with me has faded away.

Another weekend is half over, another weekend spent alone.

I'm going to be 39 in 3 short months, and I don't have so much as a date in sight, let alone a good one! I have had dates here and there over the past several months, but nothing that has turned into a second. To get to a second date apparently is a miracle for me, and hasn't happened since my last relationship, which sadly came to an end about 20 months ago. That means, I haven't had a second date in nearly 3 years!

OK, I'm in a funk today so I probably shouldn't be blogging. To close...

Being single at 38 sucks ass!!!!

3 Comments:

At 6:24 PM MDT, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Please stay optimistic! I know that I am trying.

And keep in mind: it could be worse. You could be in a relationship that does not fulfill you at all. You could have a significant other who barely knows that you exist.

My last relationship lasted 3.5 years, but I never felt more lonely in my life than during the last three of those years.

It's better to be single than to be smothered or ignored. Just my two cents, for what it's worth.

(In case you're curious, I found you by hitting the "next blog" icon.)

 
At 7:03 AM MDT, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

I agree... it is better than some of the alternatives, as you mentioned. (Which is why I'm not involved anymore, actually.)Doesn't make it any less lonely (AND ALONE) at times though!

Thank you for the reminder, and your "two cents."

And... I'll be checking out your blog in return...

 
At 7:23 AM MDT, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Yeah, I know how you feel.

We live in a world designed to cater to folks who come in pairs.

Thanks for checking out my place! I hope you enjoyed your visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home