Friday, February 16, 2007

NERVES, etc.

I guess you could say I'm a mental mess today. My oldest and dearest rattie (from my original "bunch,"), who is now approx. 3 yrs. old, is dying a slow death. I don't expect her to make it through the weekend... maybe not even the next 24 hrs. She's breaking my heart, though I'm doing all that I can to try and make her comfortable until she goes...

On top of that sadness, I'm a huge bundle of nerves. This afternoon I have to go and have my yearly CT Scan / Angiogram. It's time to check my heart... my Aorta specifically, and take a peek at my Mitral Valve (which was repaired, twice, in Sept. 2000). This test is uncomfortable... though pretty fast once they get the IV in place... and waiting for the results keeps me on edge. What they find, or HOPEFULLY, DO NO NOT FIND wrong, means the difference between another open heart surgery, or living life until my next test... my next checkup.

I hate this!

2 Comments:

At 5:09 PM MST, Blogger trevolmes said...

sorry, i can't be there at joe's for you next week. and sorry to add to the stress of your day. but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for that lovely card. it made me so happy. i think you're really sweet. i'll miss making your lattes and chatting. at least we've got blogger. :)

 
At 9:17 PM MST, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

You're welcome, Trevor. Glad you liked the card. :) I'll miss your latte hearts, drinking them (YUM!), and chatting as well. *sigh*

I'm boycotting now you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home