Sunday, February 11, 2007

Saturday Night Out








Lisa, Rob, and I went to The Reef last night. Wow, what a blast that was! It's one of those "dueling piano" type bars where there are two pianos facing one another, with a set of drums in the corner.

Each table gets sheets of paper and a pen to write their song requests on... for the guys on the pianos to play / sing. The three musicians rotate, typically 2 at a time on-stage, and boy can these guys play! They even play the drums, all three of them.


Some of the songs are played as they are meant to be played, and some of them are improvised with made-up, amusing (and sometimes R rated) lyrics. They also have audience participation with some of the songs, as well as a dance that everyone stands up and does. (I tried, but became totally lost on that silly damn dance.)


It's a nutty place, great atmosphere, and talented musicians. I know where I want to have my 40th birthday this July!


I had such a good time hanging out with my longtime friend Rob and our new friend Lisa... I hope to do it again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home