Wednesday, March 21, 2007

RIP Abby (Approx. Feb. 2004 - March 20, 2007)

My oldest, and closest-to-me rattie girl Abby passed away at 7:35 yesterday morning on my lap as I pet her and told her I loved her, after a long illness. She hung in there for about a month longer than I expected.

My heart is broken once again, and it's was very difficult to work yesterday, though I made it there and just shed tears quietly at my desk. I would rather have been at home, looking at her cage, grieving for such a huge loss.

Abby, I'll miss you so, so much. I followed through on my promise and cleaned you up nicely after you passed... before I took you to Dr.Bock's to be held there until I can afford to have you cremated. I also clipped some of your hair to keep at home forever. I will soon start working on plans for the tattoo of you and your best buddy Gwen (already at The Bridge).

Speaking of Gwen, I know you are together again now. I hope you are with CareBear and Peanut as well... running, playing, eating all of your favorite treats. And, the best part... that you are no longer suffering from your frustrating back-end paralysis!

Deep peace my friend. I will love you always and forever. Tell all the others at The Bridge that were also mine that I said hello...

*The picture above of Abby was taken a little over an hour before she passed away. I had placed her in her bed and wrapped her up in an effort to get her warmed up a little, as I got ready for work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home