Monday, December 05, 2005

In the Newspaper!

I'm so excited... and nervous too. The local newspaper here in Boulder, the Boulder Daily Camera, is doing a story on a "group" that I belong to called Boulder Rats. It's going to be about our members and our love and dedication to pet rats... our own and those who need forever homes. This is a result of a Press Release and Nomination form for the "Dr. Mike Hutchinson Rat Vet of the Year Award" for 2005 that I sent to several newspapers and Vets around the region. Who knew THIS would happen?

Shortly before Thanksgiving I received the information that the reporter, Cindy Sutter, wanted to interview me on the subject. How cool is that??!! At this time, we talked briefly, and I was expecting another call in early December, to set up the interview. (A couple of other members will be interviewed as well...)

That call came today! Woo hoo! It's a two-part deal... there will be a newspaper photographer coming to my place Wednesday evening at 6pm to see my rats, watch me as I do my "normal activities" with them (aka playtime) when I get home from work, and take pictures. haha That ought to be interesting, to say the least. Then, Cindy will be here to conduct the interview on Saturday at 1:30pm.

I can't wait to show off my eight little (a couple not-so-little) ratties, and tell whomever reads the article about how wonderful rats are as pets! If this results in just one person out there becoming a dedicated, forever home for a rattie or two who needs them, it will be worth it.

I'm really hoping that George will hang in there and make it for this whole experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home