Saturday, March 24, 2007

God??

I was talking to my oldest Niece on the phone this morning (she's going to be six in July). She was educating me about planets, and how they can die. I admit, this is something I either didn't know... or didn't retain from school. Anywho... we moved on to the weather, which is what she is also learning about in kindergarten, and her recent "Fun, fun, fun!" field trip to NCAR (National Center for Atmospheric Research), and suddenly I'm being asked the very difficult and unexpected question:

"Aunt Amy, is God in your world?"

WHAT??

I paused for a second, knowing that I had to answer this question very carefully. I am, after all, her Godmother! haha I tried not to laugh during my time of discomfort and confusion and answered with the appropriate, "Yes, E, God is in my world."

WHEW! That was a close one. I'm still laughing... and hoping that I'm not the one she asks about where babies come from!

3 Comments:

At 1:33 PM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HaHa, I have a very good detailed and illustrated book that you can show her when THAT day comes!!! Little Man said he knew that the sperm and the egg made the baby but just how does the sperm GET to the egg?

 
At 2:10 PM MDT, Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

Oh my! =-0

 
At 4:34 PM MDT, Blogger rjz said...

why did she ask this? In what context? I know she wasn't really getting into philosophy, but to what extent--is god in your world?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home