Saturday, June 07, 2008

SWAT Team? Flight for Life?

Today was Boulder Rural Fire Department's Annual Open House. Woo hoo! Something I look forward to every year... mostly to see a couple of my firefighter friends, and, well, too see the Flight for Life as well. (OK, and to see the fire trucks, police cars, bomb squad, SWAT Team, etc. also.) Yes, I'm a kid at heart...

Anyway, today was exceptionally fun, as I was dressed in SWAT gear! haha I spent quite a bit of time talking with one of the SWAT policemen, and... he dressed me up.

That bullet resistent (not bullet PROOF) vest was HEAVY... approx. 25 pounds. I wasn't going to run in it. And the silly hat made
me feel a bit like a bobble-head. Needless to say,
rediculous looking or not, I had a blast at the
SWAT car, tank thingie.

The Flight for Life is ALWAYS exciting, but today was a busy day for emergencies. The 11am arrival had a real emergency so couldn't show up... they moved the 1pm arrival to noon, but then they had an emergency they had to finish with so showed at 12:45. Just when everyone started looking at the helicopter (the highlight of the Open House) and talking to the flight crew, they had to leave for another emergency.

All in all, I had a great time wandering around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home